NTA will conduct JEE Main 2020 twice, in the month of January and April. It is organized in two papers – Paper 1 is for B.E & B.Tech and Paper 2 is for B.Arch & B.Planning.
- JEE Main Application Form for January session is expected to be out in early September of 2019. Candidates can apply through the official website – nta.ac.in in online mode only.
- In JEE Main 2019 January session, 8,74,469 candidates appeared for Paper 1 out of which 15 students scored 100 percentile and 1,45,386 candidates appeared for paper 2.
- In 2018, JEE Main Paper 1 Cut Off for General, OBC, SC, ST and PwD was 74, 45, 29, 24 and -35 respectively. Check JEE Main Cut Off.
Candidates must start preparing for the exam as less than a year’s time is left. To outpass the high competition candidates must create a Study Plan and Preparation Strategy for JEE Main 2020 along with practicing previous year question papers.
JEE Main 2020 Updates
- There will be a reservation of 10% to Economically Weaker Section in JEE Main 2020 and colleges accepting JEE score will reserve the seats for the same.
- Students will be able to appear in either one or both the sessions and both the papers as well to increase their chances of admission in the colleges. For candidates appearing in both January and April, their Better of the two scores will be considered in the JEE Main Merit List.
- Applicants who register for JEE Main January session will not need to reregister again for April session, they can directly apply using their Application Number and Password.
- The exam also serves as the preliminary for JEE Advanced through which admission in IITs is done. Top 2,24,000 JEE Main qualifiers will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2020.
- The exam was formerly conducted by CBSE but from 2019, NTA has taken over as the conducting body of the exam. NTA has decided to normalize the scores of the candidates appearing in multiple shifts with varying difficulty level of question paper sets to ensure fair comparison of their scores. However, no change has been seen in exam Pattern and syllabus.
The Syllabus of JEE Main Paper 1 includes Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics while Paper 2 consists of Aptitude test, Drawing and Mathematics. Mathematics is common in both paper 1 and Paper 2. Check JEE Main 2020 Syllabus